We want to offer all residents in Eindhoven and the surrounding area the opportunity to practice and experience art and culture. We do it with a lot of passion and energy and for young and old. Together with our partners, we work on many projects and activities in the Eindhoven region. You can see us in neighborhoods and districts, at schools and nursing homes and of course in our building on Pastoor Petersstraat. Do you want to help us achieve our mission?
To further shape our strategic pillars in cultural education, amateur art and cultural participation and to receive our visitors hospitably during their visit, during an event or activity, we are looking for a number of hostesses or hosts (volunteers).
What does CKE do?
CKE is involved in cultural education, amateur art and cultural participation. We are proud of the dozens of beautiful projects that we have set up in the neighborhoods and districts. Such as King for 1 Day, Heart Hunters, End ON and Burst your Bubble. Together with partners such as Vitalis Woonzorg Groep, Woonbedrijf and the homeless organization Neos, we also work on long-term programs. We are the contact point for the more than 100 amateur art associations and individual amateur artists in Eindhoven. For example, we arrange Amateur Art Day and provide support to amateur art associations.
Our teachers provide art education and art projects at almost all primary and secondary schools in Eindhoven and the region. With this, we reach 20,000 children and young people every year. In addition, CKE offers courses and workshops for leisure in all art disciplines. Every year we have about 3,000 students (children, young people and adults) who develop their creativity. See here for an impression of the atmosphere: Experience your CKE.
In our building on Pastoor Petersstraat you work in a creative and lively environment with exhibitions, where pop bands lament, a drama lesson crosses the hall, a school class enjoys a graffiti workshop, an amateur choir practices and someone spontaneously plays the piano at Café C. Our pay -off is therefore: Creativity for all. We regularly arrange events, activities, performances and concerts in our building at Pastoor Petersstraat 180 in Eindhoven and sometimes at an external location.
What do you want to do as an exhibition volunteer?
At CKE, we hold ongoing exhibitions. This may be an internal exhibition of our students, but external parties, such as amateur artists, also find their way to CKE to exhibit their works. Because exhibitors naturally want to ‘shine’, CKE has an Exhibition Committee whose task is to ensure that all exhibited work is shown in the best possible way. This Exhibition Committee seeks support in the form of ‘hands’ for setting up the exhibitions. Do you like to lend a helping hand here and roll up your sleeves? Then you are most welcome. It is an advantage to live near CKE to check the exhibitions and to correct / repair things if necessary. The exhibition committee and the project manager for amateur art will inform you. You are flexibly available for the exhibitions scheduled at CKE. These are usually known a few weeks in advance and sometimes there are last minute requests. You can easily combine this role as an exhibition volunteer with the role of hostess / host at events or activities. For more information, see the available hostess (host) at CKE.
What does the organization of CKE look like?
More than 100 employees, 20 volunteers and many freelance teachers, designers and designers work in CKE. We work with many partners in the social and cultural field. At CKE, we have line and staff departments, where the line department Art & Creativity is supported by the personnel departments Project Organization & Consulting, Finance & Control and Services. The volunteer coordinator is the contact person for all volunteers, together with the Hospitality Manager in the Service Department.
What do we expect of you?
- You are extremely flexible, independent, handy, precise and have experience and a sense of amateur art and possibly experience of exhibiting.
- You are aware that volunteering is voluntary, but not non-committal.
- You enjoy working in a creative environment and you also enjoy working together.
- You look forward to using your own talents in this creative environment and thus contributing to CKE’s mission! Is the position as an exhibition volunteer something for you? Do you think it is important that the exhibitions come into their own in this creative environment and that visitors can be surprised by the works on display? So come and work as a volunteer in CKE!
What can you expect from us?
- We offer you a fun flexible volunteer role as an exhibition volunteer to support the Exhibition Committee and project manager Amateur Art in a creative and cultural environment. You can easily combine this role as an exhibition volunteer with the hostess / host (volunteers) at events and activities. Our volunteer coordinator is your permanent contact person together with the Hospitality Manager.
- We work with a savings system. You can use the points you save with your working hours, for example for discounts on our courses and activities.
- Regular friendly extras, such as invitations to CKE employee meetings, employee drinks and (informal) meetings with the other volunteers who are active for CKE.
Want to know more about CKE?
Take a look at our website www.cke.nl and our social media channels. Under the heading Governance and Policy you will find our 2021-2024 strategy and more relevant reports in downloads.
Want to know more about the position?
Then you can contact Lindsey van Bree, Hospitality Manager. Her email address is [email protected] and her telephone number is 040-216 32 63.
Enthusiastic and want to apply?
Then we invite you to send your motivation and curriculum vitae by e-mail before 5 May to [email protected]† We arrange a speed date for all applicants for the voluntary work on Monday, May 9, 2022 at 10.00† Do you have that in mind in your agenda?
We do not appreciate acquisition as a result of this call.