Punishment: 48 months and psychological treatment against key player in child pornography on dark web | News report

News feature | 09-02-2022 | 13:57

“What about pedos?” followed by a smiley face. For example, the now 38-year-old suspect from Tilburg, who was indicted today in child pornography case 26Hain, began chatting regularly on child pornography sites on the dark web. The National Public Prosecutor’s Office (OM) demanded 48 months’ imprisonment at the court in Rotterdam, of which 8 were conditional and a probationary period of 5 years with supervision of probation and psychological treatment. The public prosecutor’s office suspects him of participating in a criminal organization in the key position of administrator and moderator of various child porn sites on the dark web.

The prosecution further demanded that items from the seizure list be taken out of circulation and not fall back into the hands of the suspect. This includes computers, a hard drive, Nokia phone and USB sticks. The prosecution does not rule out that the citizen will be prosecuted again as soon as the investigation team has also gained access to a suspect’s Seagate, an external hard drive that has so far been locked.

key player

The prosecution strongly accuses the suspect of not only distributing and possessing child pornography himself, but also playing a very active role in the management of various child pornography sites. “It goes many steps further,” the public prosecutor argued. The prosecution considers the suspect to be a key player in child pornography via the dark web. The prosecution suspects him of participating in a criminal organization and of possessing and distributing child pornography from January 26, 2015 until his arrest on March 8, 2021. The man is said to have distributed child pornography images through various child pornography forums and chat rooms on the dark web . He would also have made this possible for others as a moderator or administrator on forums.

To care

“For years, small children have been victims of the suspect and his organization every day. As tools, as disposable items, as objects of pleasure.” The public prosecutor today expressed her concern and disgust at the actions of the suspect.

“The prosecution is concerned that the suspect has been intensely involved in child pornography and the organization behind the distribution of this material for years in complete secrecy, without his surroundings being aware of it.” The prosecution fears that the chance of recidivism is high. The public prosecutor considers immediate psychological treatment of the suspect necessary. She referred to a report from the Dutch Institute of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology (NIFP) recommending treatment.

Complex puzzle

In his appeal, the public prosecutor compared the investigation of the suspect with a complex puzzle and emphasized the importance of perseverance and good international cooperation.

A nickname often used by this suspect on dark child pornography sites had been in the picture for some time by National Unity’s Anti-Child Pornography and Child Sex Tourism Team. However, it took some time before he could be arrested. Information from previously arrested other suspects, information collected on the dark web and information from Europol and the United States ultimately helped to identify the suspect. Thus, the puzzle was complete. His arrest, at home on March 8, 2021, took place on fresh offense: the suspect had logged on to a child pornography site on the dark web behind his computer.

Over time, the suspect used several nicknames. Research has shown that he changed his nickname when the ground seemed to get too hot under his feet. This happened when there was a threat that people would learn too much about him.

Tens of thousands of pictures, dozens of videos

A total of more than 26.8 million child pornographic photos collected by him and 79 child pornographic videos were found on various data carriers of the suspect who were seized. Most images (approximately 94 percent) contain posing material, three-quarters of which are of underage girls under 12 years of age. The remaining material (6 percent) relates to images of far-reaching sexual acts, including so-called hardcore and hurtcore porn with girls between 1 and 16 years old.

In addition, the suspect also distributed child pornography on various forums on the dark web. It was about penetration, fornication and posing material.

Withdrawal

The court will rule in two weeks, Wednesday, February 23.

Leave a Comment