From 1 September 2022, we are looking for a committed and broadly capable social worker (Village Work and Social Work) for a part-time employment.
Texels Welzijn is the organization for reliable, close and helpful social work on Texel.
We are looking for a colleague to do the ‘village work’ for several villages on Texel. In addition, you are responsive to all social issues from residents and you actively support the cooperation in the villages and elsewhere on Texel. In addition, you are partially available for our social work.
In our committed team of nine colleagues, you have great independence in your work, and no two days are alike. In your work you have many opportunities to be meaningful. The lines are short and ‘connection and maintenance’ is crucial to us. Your working hours are flexible in consultation. And Texel, with its beach and mudflats, is obviously a wonderful place to enjoy outside of work.
More information about Texel Welfare can be found at: https://www.texelswelzijn.nl
What do you want to do?
Core tasks Village work:
As a village worker, you are an important point of contact for the residents of Texel with all their questions, wishes and ideas within well-being, quality of life and social support. You contribute to optimal self-help and participation. Core tasks are:
- Actively maintain contact with residents and their networks
- Contribute to preventing the demand for social assistance
- Good reception, mapping and help in solving requests for help from residents
- Arranging appropriate home services for longer independent living
- Organizing or co-arranging activities for meetings, assistance and development
- Help match supply and demand for volunteer efforts
- Support for carers, in groups and tailor-made
- Collaboration with partners in and around the social domain
- Contribute to the further development of the village caste and Texel Welfare
Core tasks Social work:
As a social worker, you support residents with psychosocial issues. For example, around major events, stress and cruelty, relationships, work and finances. As in the village work, it is also aimed at strengthening the self-help and participation of the people we work for.
As a social worker, you support residents with psychosocial issues. For example, around major events, stress and cruelty, relationships, work and finances. As in the village work, it is also aimed at strengthening the self-help and participation of the people we work for. Core tasks are:
- Provide psychosocial support and assistance through individual, relationship and system interviews
- Works closely with local partners such as: GPs, police, social team, Food Bank, Church and minimum income, GGZ
What do we offer?
- An exciting broad position in an experienced and committed team, in the heart of the Texel community
- A workplace on a beautiful island, and active help if necessary to find a suitable living space
- Lots of opportunities to contribute to a society that is as social and vital as possible and develop further in it
- Classification in the collective agreement for social work, scale 8. € 2780 – € 4670 per month based on a full-time employment, depending on experience
- Additional terms of employment in accordance with the agreement
What do we want?
- A relevant education within social work, social work, social work or the like
- relevant work experience
- You are: people-oriented, open-minded, committed, positive, solution-oriented, independent, flexible, creative, proactive, collaborative and socially entrepreneurial
- You prefer to live on Texel or are willing to come and live here
- You are in possession of a driving license and your own transport
We encourage you to apply. You can send your motivation letter with CV no later than 12 June email@example.com† For questions you can call or email: Mart Stel, 0222-312696.
More information about the vacancy can be found at: https://www.texelswelzijn.nl/algemeen/vacature-sociaal-werker/
Talks will take place on 27 or 30 June.