What if your talent and our community together is the key to social success?
Does an environment where spatial development, culture and enjoyment unite make your heart beat faster? A spacious place where a social approach is not avoided but embraced? Do you have a clear vision and do you want to give that direction in a unique way? Then it’s your time!
The team Spatial, Urban Planning and Housing is looking for more new colleagues in different places, creative and solution-oriented, with an open mind for innovation. Are you the crucial advisor who builds bridges between people and the environment? Please contact us quickly, we would like to meet you.
Your working day
Your day starts with a conversation with a project developer. A born entrepreneur who owns a plot in Naarden and has plans to build apartments here. A beautiful, spacious project, because there is a huge need for affordable housing. You are responsible for the zoning plan procedure and coordination with internal and external advisors. The complexity and diversity of your work ensures that you are challenged and that you continue to develop yourself. After the interview, obtain the purse holder. The great thing about working at Gooise Meren is that the lines with the board are short.
In the afternoon, you and your colleague go to the popular Italian sandwich shop in the center of Bussum for a delicious sandwich. On the way back, you walk along a newly completed piece of infrastructure that ensures that the road has become more accessible to pedestrians and cyclists. Then you leave with a number of colleagues for the Green Rejection, where you have to work with the new environmental plan that is being prepared for one of the cores. You spar and share creative ideas, leading to an innovative approach. You will end the session fully charged and with a satisfied feeling.
You decide to reply to an email, and because you work in the most beautiful municipality in the Netherlands, you open your laptop on the terrace in the middle of nature.
Who are you
- You are a natural connoisseur; you like to take your own initiative
- You have a strong opinion and you are determined
- Your point of view is open and solution-oriented
- You are creative and development-oriented
- You are analytical: you see where there are opportunities and possibilities
- You find it important to add meaning and make a difference
- You like to seek cooperation to achieve the best result
The positions as political advisor spatial development and urban planning cover a wide range of tasks, responsibilities and opportunities. We are happy to discuss your talent and your ambitions with you so that you come to a place where you can really make a difference.
Below you will find a selection of responsibilities within the spatial domain:
- You advise the organization and the municipal council on an operational, tactical and strategic level
- You create support to formulate, implement and evaluate policy
- You work on (and sometimes lead) projects where spatial issues are central
- You have or are developing a vision for future developments in spatial development, and you respond to this by coming up with new policy proposals and innovating
- You build and maintain valuable relationships within the social area with organizations
- You implement legislation and rules from Gooise Meren’s local perspective
What we ask of you
- You have at least HBO thinking and working level
- You have a creative and sharp mind
- You stand firm and like a challenge
- You are a strong communicator and you want to develop further
- You can prioritize and make targeted choices
- You have knowledge of the environmental law
- You have a sense of working in a political-administrative environment
What we offer you
Salary and terms
- One year contract of 32-36 hours per week. Are we happy for each other? Then you get a permanent contract after this year.
- Depending on your education and work experience, we agree on an appropriate salary for the various positions and levels
- Travel money. If you travel by public transport, you will be refunded everything.
- An individual election budget (IKB). Your holiday allowance (8%), year-end bonus (6.75%), life cycle contribution (1.5%) and some holiday hours (2.4%) are converted to IKB. The IKB can be used at your own discretion, eg for extra leave, but it can also be paid out at a time that suits you.
Even more pluses
- Valuable work of social significance in Gooi. You make the difference for our residents, entrepreneurs and partners!
- You get great freedom and responsibility to shape your own work and take control. This way you can achieve your own successes
- Thanks to the training and courses in our GroeiMee! Academy and our coaches never stop learning. You can choose where you want to develop
- A social work environment with committed and accommodating colleagues. You are not a number in our organization, but a person!
- Homework is well facilitated in our municipality. The organization ensures that you can perform your work well, flexibly and with pleasure.
About the Human and Environmental Department
As a physical adviser, you work closely with other advisers, and you are part of the integrated personnel and environmental policy department. As a department, we are constantly on the move. In co-creation with our environment, we act and think ‘from the outside in’. We depend on the independence and professionalism of our political advisers. We believe in strong teams and commitment based on both knowledge and skills.
Yes, I would like to apply!
Have you become enthusiastic? Then send us your CV with a short motivation letter no later than July 29 via the online application form.
Requesting references can be part of the selection procedure. Requesting a VOG is an integral part of the selection procedure.
Gooise Meren is an inclusive employer. We strive for a diverse organization and create a culture where employees can be themselves.
Do you have significant questions for this position? Then send this to Yvonne Goverts, Manager People & Environment via: firstname.lastname@example.org.