Red Cross in the Netherlands
In the Netherlands, the Red Cross helps people who lack or threaten to lack the basic necessities of life. It is food & water, shelter, being able to take care of personal hygiene, having a dignified safe place, having information about relatives and having access to the right medical and psychosocial care. When someone lacks one or more of these basic necessities, someone is in need. In the needs analysis, in line with the mission, special attention is paid to the most vulnerable. In addition to this, the Red Cross focuses on its aid role and offers assistance that complements that of the government.
Within Red Cross Amsterdam-Amstelland there is a vacancy for one
Coordinator Marketing and Communication (32 – 40 hours per week)
Position in the company
As marketing and communication coordinator, you are involved in all facets of marketing and communication for the Amsterdam-Amstelland district. You work at a strategic, tactical and operational level. This means that you work independently with various projects, but you also support colleagues in their work for e.g. fundraising and volunteer recruitment. You report to the district manager.
You work from the district office in Amsterdam.
Purpose of the position
Your goal is to increase the visibility of Red Cross Amsterdam-Amstelland. The versatility of the work ensures that you have to deal with all facets of the marketing communication profession and with all departments in the organization.
- You deal with all facets of Red Cross Amsterdam-Amstelland’s internal and external communications
- You have the best ideas to motivate others to (continue to) act for our local projects
- In addition to all the creative ideas, you are able to translate them into concrete actions and tasks
- You pull the cart and work independently. In addition, you lead a team of volunteers and/or interns
- You carry out editorial work and keep the website and all social media channels updated with appealing content
- You maintain good contacts with the press (through press releases) and keep them informed of everything that is going on. You can talk to them if there are any questions
- You communicate with other aid organizations and municipalities about the spokesperson for the projects we work with
- You take care of the broadcasts to all volunteers and you also focus on communication with business partners and (potential) donors
- You support colleagues in marketing and communication by e.g. preparing flyers, invitations, letters, vacancies. In short, whatever is needed in communication, you take care of it!
- You ensure that our platform www.actievoorrodekruismamsterdam.nl runs optimally
- Most importantly, you are someone who fits the basic principles of the Red Cross.
We work from a human point of view and are neutral – we help everyone.
- You have a completed HBO education that has common ground with this position
- You have at least 3 years of demonstrable experience in a similar position
- You have a strategic level of thinking and a strong hands-on mentality
- You work independently, creatively and you can act and prioritize a full to-do list
- You have knowledge of the (online) media landscape
- You are flexible in your actions and do not turn your hand around
- Do you have design skills? Then you have an advantage! This also applies to experience in making and editing (short) videos
- You preferably live near the Amsterdam-Amstelland district
The Red Cross seeks employees with talent and appropriate skills and is not guided by cultural background, physical limitations, gender identity, religion, orientation or age. When selecting all positions, emphasis is placed on the following competencies: results orientation, customer focus, collaboration, initiative, writing skills, entrepreneurship and creating support.
A flexible and people-oriented working environment in a friendly team with room for initiative and development.
Salary is according to salary scale 10 in NRK’s CAO, depending on education and experience (min. € 3,170.57 to max. € 4,008.07 gross per month for a full-time employment of 40 hours per week).
Answer: We would like to receive your letter of motivation and CV addressed to Robin Veneberg (HR advisor) via the application button above.
If you are interested, please respond as soon as possible. For further information please contact Personeelszaken@redcross.nl.
An online assessment, a reference check and application for a VOG can be part of the selection process.
For more information about the work of the Red Cross, visit www.rodekruis.nl. NRK on Facebook: Facebook.com/rodekruis and Twitter: Twitter.com/rodekruis
Purchases on this ad are not appreciated