Delivery Manager / technical product owner
The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA)
Do you have what it takes to build a bridge between business and IT? Are you able to translate functional wishes into IT solutions? Do you dare to take up the challenge of taking responsibility and actually achieve it? Then this position as Delivery Manager / Technical Product Owner at the Dutch Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA) is really for you!
During the redesign, NVWA has chosen to transform its IT production process where possible into a continuous delivery model where we strive to structurally improve our landscape. We’re not there yet, but we’re on the right track. One of the choices made in this regard is that we allow clusters of technology to act as entities. As a Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for one of these clusters. NVWA currently has three main technologies supporting the landscape. It is Oracle, Blueriq and Kodision technology.
In this crucial position, you are the decisive link in our agile-based production process. You are the point of contact for the Business Product Owners (demand side) as Delivery Manager / Technical Product Owner (supply side), where they can meet their functional wishes. Together with your DM colleagues and the production teams, you are responsible for taking over the production task, translating the production task in question into development tasks, the distribution of the development task in question among different production teams and overseeing its actual realization.
As a Delivery Manager, you easily maintain an overview of current conditions while looking forward to new opportunities by further developing the roadmap. You are the point of contact for various Product Owners, you effectively build customer relationships and you effortlessly present tasks and services through your role in one of the production teams.
What do you want to do?
- You are the point of contact for product management.
- You are responsible for managing the backlog for a creation cluster.
- You test development tasks in relation to the roadmap and identify bottlenecks, schedules and capacity and make suggestions for possible adjustments in the event of conflicts.
- Monitoring the quality and results of the service, including monitoring planning and efficiency.
- You organize the wishes of the stakeholders and the Product Owner.
- You take care of the current technology.
- You organize the development task together with other Service Delivery Managers.
- You organize the priorities in the team.
- You monitor the integrated progress with colleagues DM.
- Do you have broad technical IT knowledge, from which you can identify risks and impact? Do you like to puzzle, but at the same time are decisive and dare to make decisions? Then we would like to meet you!
- You think and work at HBO/WO level and you have a relevant education, e.g. in computer science or information management.
- You work together with others towards a common goal and tailor your work to this.
- You are able to separate main and side issues and you know how to make connections between different issues.
- You have knowledge of and experience with ITIL and preferably knowledge of SIAM, Prince 2, Cobit, ASL, BiSL.
- You like to work together.
- You are whole.
- Environmentally conscious
Salary level: scale 12
Monthly pay: Mine. €4,092 – Max. €6,045 (gross)
Employment: Employment contract for an indefinite period
Minimum number of hours per week:
Maximum number of hours per week:
Other terms of employment
Where do you want to work?
NVWA is a committed, social employer that is active in a large and social playing field. Our work as a supervisor is central. The media, politics, business and Dutch citizens follow our work critically. At NVWA you work with social interest, your work has an impact on the safety of food, products, the health of plants and animals and animal welfare in the Netherlands.
What do we offer you?
- An introductory program that suits your position with guidance from experienced colleagues.
- Extensive training and/or coaching opportunities for your further professional development.
- Where the position allows, we offer you space to work independently of time and place.
- A pleasant working environment with the Utrecht headquarters within walking distance of the main train station.
- Regular fun activities with your colleagues, such as our (now legendary) pub quiz!
- In addition to the salary, you get an Individual Selection Budget (IKB). IKB consists of money (16.37% of your gross annual salary) and time. With the IKB, you make the choices that suit you, and you can put together some of your terms of employment yourself. You can, for example, choose to have part of your monthly income paid out when you want it. You can also convert this budget into leave and vice versa or spend it on tax-friendly goals. The national government attaches great importance to personal growth and career development and offers numerous opportunities for this. Perks include various study facilities, company fitness, full reimbursement of your public transport costs for commuting and partially paid parental leave.
- The applications will be processed in accordance with applicable collective agreements, including the collective agreement for the national government and the NVP application code.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required to work at NVWA.
- If it is an open-ended employment contract and you do not (yet) have a permanent employment contract as a civil servant, you start (in principle) to assess your suitability with a fixed-term employment contract with a view to an indefinite period.
- Clearly state in your curriculum vitae that you meet the required educational requirements.
- The selection committee can obtain references, but will always coordinate this with you in advance.
- An online screening via search engines or social media, for example, can be part of the selection process.
- A competency test and/or an assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
- A General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) comprehensive A or B screening may be a requirement for a number of positions at NVWA (including IOD).
After the expiry date, the job description and information about the vacancy will no longer be visible online. To avoid having to request this, please download and save the job posting.
Purchases in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.
The Dutch Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA) invites you to apply on their website. Via the button below you leave this page, you go directly to application form. The state values a diverse and inclusive organisation. Working in differently composed teams makes us more efficient, more innovative and the work more fun. Everyone is therefore encouraged to apply.