Functional manager import chain
The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA)
Are you able to quickly master the administration of a (new) application? Do you ensure the correct layout of the application so that the user can work undisturbed and optimally? Are you strong both orally and in writing? Then the position as Functional Manager Import Chain at the Dutch Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA) is really for you!
As an import function manager, you will work within the internal organization directorate, in the information management department and within the management and maintenance team 2. The team consists of approximately 35 function managers, of which 25 are internal and 10 are employed externally, 5 internal project managers. managers and 4 external project managers. In total, the team has around 45 employees. Together, we ensure that the IT systems continue to function properly and that they continue to meet the organisation’s wishes.
The import chain is currently in full swing. A new set-up of the processes and the associated automated support is being looked at. In addition, maintenance and management takes place on the existing systems. This concerns both the phytosanitary and veterinary systems for imports. In addition, data is exchanged with the European system in which the import is registered.
In order to properly oversee all of this, we are looking for a functional manager to join our import management team. This team currently consists of three functional administrators and six developers.
What do you want to do?
As a functional import chain manager, you are primarily responsible for the ongoing maintenance and administration of the applications that support the import process. You are a source of information for users of the system, you resolve incidents and problems and you evaluate the effect of proposed changes. In addition, you participate in agile projects that realize the changes in the import process, and you ensure that the results of those projects end up in the maintenance and management phase. You work in a DevOps team with your colleagues to achieve this. You report to the Maintenance and Management Team Leader2.
NVWA is transforming into an organization where hybrid work is highly regarded. This means that you work from the place that is best suited for it at the moment. This can be on site in Utrecht or from home. You get all the necessary facilities, such as a laptop and a company phone.
If you have become excited after reading the position, then respond quickly!
You can react flexibly to changing circumstances, you keep a cool head in stressful situations. You are open to other people’s opinions and see feedback as a means of further developing yourself. You are willing to go the extra mile if the situation calls for it and an error or disturbance needs to be resolved quickly. You also dare to come up with suggestions for improvement yourself.
In addition, we would like to see the following:
- HBO education or training in progress within business and ICT.
- Some experience working in multidisciplinary teams with a focus on software development.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Teams is an advantage.
- Customer focus
- Planning and organization
- To cooperate
- Analytical skills
Salary level: scale 10
Monthly pay: Mine. €2,957 – Max. €4,707 (gross)
Employment: Employment contract for an indefinite period
Minimum number of hours per week: 36
Maximum number of hours per week: 36
Other terms of employment
Where do you want to work?
NVWA is a committed, social employer that is active in a large and social playing field. Our work as a supervisor is central. The media, politics, business and Dutch citizens follow our work critically. At NVWA you work with social interest, your work has an impact on the safety of food, products, the health of plants and animals and animal welfare in the Netherlands.
What do we offer you?
- An introductory program that suits your position with guidance from experienced colleagues.
- Extensive training and/or coaching opportunities for your further professional development.
- Where the position allows, we offer you space to work independently of time and place.
- A pleasant working environment with the Utrecht headquarters within walking distance of the main train station.
- Regular fun activities with your colleagues, such as our (now legendary) pub quiz!
- In addition to the salary, you get an Individual Selection Budget (IKB). IKB consists of money (16.37% of your gross annual salary) and time. With the IKB, you make the choices that suit you, and you can put together some of your terms of employment yourself. You can, for example, choose to have part of your monthly income paid out when you want it. You can also convert this budget into leave and vice versa or spend it on tax-friendly goals. The national government attaches great importance to personal growth and career development and offers numerous opportunities for this. Perks include various study facilities, company fitness, full reimbursement of your public transport costs for commuting and partially paid parental leave.
- The applications will be processed in accordance with applicable collective agreements, including the collective agreement for the national government and the NVP application code.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required to work at NVWA.
- If it is an open-ended employment contract and you do not (yet) have a permanent employment contract as a civil servant, you (in principle) start, to assess your suitability, with a fixed-term employment contract with a view to an indefinite period.
- Clearly state in your curriculum vitae that you meet the required educational requirements.
- The selection committee can obtain references, but will always coordinate this with you in advance.
- An online screening via search engines or social media, for example, can be part of the selection process.
- A competency test and/or an assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
- A General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) comprehensive A or B screening may be a requirement for a number of positions at NVWA (including IOD).
After the expiry date, the job description and information about the vacancy will no longer be visible online. To avoid having to request this, please download and save the job posting.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
The Dutch Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA) invites you to apply on their website. Via the button below you leave this page, you go directly to application form. The state values a diverse and inclusive organisation. Working in differently composed teams makes us more efficient, more innovative and the work more fun. Everyone is therefore encouraged to apply.