For the municipality of Zaanstad, our framework contract partner, in the area of North Holland, JS Consultancy is looking for a cultural policy advisor.
(24-28 hours, 4 to 12 months, as soon as possible)Job description
The municipality: Zaanstad is one of the 15 largest municipalities in the Netherlands and is part of the Amsterdam metropolitan region. It is a busy city which is in full development. By 2040, the city will have grown to a city with more than 200,000 inhabitants. This means, among other things, that considerable construction has to be done. This growth offers great opportunities to modernize the city and improve the quality of life, but also brings challenges in terms of sustainability, climate and mobility. At Zaanstad municipality, they work based on an open basic attitude: curiosity, listening, empathy and attachment. They enter into a partnership with all parties involved, both internal and external, so that they work together on an equal footing.
What do you want to do? As Cultural Policy Advisor, you have an integrated framework-setting and steering role regarding content and strategy/tactics. Your colleagues are real specialists in their field. Together with your colleagues in the City Framework and Direction department, you will create connections to various city tasks in interaction with Samfundsudvikling’s ambitions and tasks. Think about themes such as housing, economy, sustainability, heritage and mobility. Besides:
* Participate in the core group MRA program Art, Culture and Heritage;
* Oversee the further development of the Zaans Museum;
* Monitor the new multi-year library policy plan;
* Get started exploring venues for music venues;
* You contribute to the development of the Hembrug grounds in art and culture;
* Participate in the preparation for 2024/50 years of Zaanstad.
What are you taking with you?
* You are an “out of the box” thinker;
* Experience with projects with a large financial impact;
* Passion for art and culture;
* Strong communication skills;
* Independent and proactive attitude;
The Hembrug plot is an area of 42.5 hectares on the border between Amsterdam and Zaandam. The name HEMbrug refers to the former railway bridge over the North Sea Canal between Zaandam and Amsterdam. HEM is the historical name for land outside the dykes, in this case in the former IJ. After the construction of the Western Sea Canal, this tang was erected and became ready for use Various (starting) entrepreneurs now work in the renovated industrial buildings and various events and festivals take place.
* HBO/WO working and thinking level and a completed education in the direction of public administration;
* Mine. 2 years of work experience in a municipal organization in a similar role;
* Knowledge of the area of art & culture;
* Experience with the decision-making process and writing (political) documents;
* Experience in preparing a multi-year library policy plan;
* Professional experience in a 100,000+ municipality is an advantage;
* You have experience with project management.
This is a temporary job/assignment. It is important that you are available at short notice for the desired hours.Working conditions
JS Consultancy is a career partner for professionals and managers for the public good. With us, you work with yourself and with solutions to the most important challenges in our society. Social outcome. Together with you, we make it a reality.
We can deploy you for this task via a temporary (hourly price in consultation) or a secondment construction (classification on scale 11 according to collective agreement for municipalities). This is a task of approximately 4-12 months for 24-28 hours per week (extension possible). Hybrid work is possible after consultation. The municipality is located near North Holland.Application procedure
Got excited? This procedure has a short duration, so send your CV as soon as possible! A short and precise motivation is sufficient.
For more information about this position, please contact our recruiter Shomahry Johnson via firstname.lastname@example.org.