The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA)
Does social media hold no secrets for you? Are you an experienced communications consultant within complex political-administrative organisations? Are you creative and innovative? Are you an initiator, a go-getter and a team player? In short: Are you an enthusiastic communications advisor looking to manage NVWA’s social media channels? Then we are urgently looking for you!
Where you will work
You will be part of the news team in the communications department of NVWA. This team of dedicated professionals is at the heart of the organization’s dynamic content. From this team, you manage NVWA’s various social media channels and you ensure their continued development. You work both in the office and from home. In any case, you naturally meet your colleagues online in various ways on a daily basis.
You lead, advise, coach and connect. As a senior social media consultant, you know what people want to see on our social media channels and how to create clear, attractive and dedicated content for it in a creative way. You ensure that our social media channels are always up to date and that they meet the needs of readers. You coordinate the daily webcare and you have contact with our spokespersons about media or politically sensitive topics. In addition, you understand the administrative and political context in which the organization operates, and you use the right tone and advise accordingly. You constantly keep your knowledge of social media development up to date.
This is your job
You advise colleagues and the board on the use of social media and you actively ensure better cooperation with the rest of the organization. In addition, you have a clear vision of the further development of current and future social media channels, you are able to enthusiastically transfer this vision to the rest of the organization and ensure that further development also takes place.
Together with colleagues, you ensure attractive content on our social media channels that contributes to a unique demand-oriented positioning. You are in control.
You are a coach for the colleagues who take care of the daily webcare and you are the contact point for incidents and/or issues related to policy/administration. In this, you work together with colleagues to publish on the social media channels outside of office hours, if necessary.
As a senior adviser on social media, you advise per message on how to communicate through which channel. You are always looking for appropriate, relevant, funny and topical content to share online.
Finally, you provide a daily news overview and you do data analyzes to adjust and improve your work.
You are proactive and go after content yourself instead of waiting. You can work quickly when the situation calls for it and you can handle deadlines well. You are renewed, connecting, creative, inspiring and coaching. You think outside the box.
In addition, we would like to see the following:
• A completed HBO education in marketing, communication or journalism.
• Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a similar position.
• You have demonstrable knowledge of and affinity for creating attractive content on online channels, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
• You have a good command of the Dutch language and you have strong communication skills, both written, visual and oral.
• You are aware of the relevant developments within online media.
• You have experience in a political organization and the ability to balance and combine the various interests.
• Organizational sensitivity
Salary level: Scale 12
Monthly salary: Min. €4,092 – Max. €6,045 (gross)
Employment: Employment contract for an indefinite period
Minimum number of hours per week: 32
Maximum number of hours per week: 36
Other terms of employment
Where do you want to work?
NVWA is a committed, social employer that is active in a large and social playing field. Our work as a supervisor is central. The media, politics, business and Dutch citizens follow our work critically. At NVWA you work with social interest, your work has an impact on the safety of food, products, the health of plants and animals and animal welfare in the Netherlands.
What do we offer you?
• An introductory program that suits your position with guidance from experienced colleagues.
• Comprehensive training and/or coaching opportunities for your further professional development.
• Where the position allows, we offer you space to work independently of time and place.
• A pleasant working environment with the Utrecht headquarters within walking distance of the Central Station.
• Regular fun activities with your colleagues, such as our (now legendary) pub quiz!
• In addition to the salary, you get an Individual Selection Budget (IKB). IKB consists of money (16.37% of your gross annual salary) and time. With the IKB, you make the choices that suit you, and you can put together some of your terms of employment yourself. You can, for example, choose to have part of your monthly income paid out when you want it. You can also convert this budget into leave and vice versa or spend it on tax-friendly goals. The national government attaches great importance to personal growth and career development and offers numerous opportunities for this. Perks include various study facilities, company fitness, full reimbursement of your public transport costs for commuting and partially paid parental leave.
• The applications will be processed in accordance with applicable collective agreements, including the collective agreement for the national government and the NVP application code.
• A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required to work at NVWA.
• If it is an employment contract for an indefinite period and you do not (yet) have a permanent employment contract as a civil servant, then you (in principle) start by assessing your suitability with a fixed-term employment contract for an indefinite period.
• Clearly state in your curriculum vitae that you meet the desired educational requirements.
• The selection committee can obtain references, but will always coordinate this with you in advance.
• An online screening via search engines or social media, for example, can be part of the selection process.
• A competency test and/or an assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
• A comprehensive A or B screening by the General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) may be a requirement for a number of positions at NVWA (including IOD).
After the expiry date, the job description and information about the vacancy will no longer be visible online. To avoid having to request this, please download and save the job posting.
Purchases in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.
The Dutch Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA) invites you to apply on their website. Use the button below to exit this page and go directly to the application form. The state values a diverse and inclusive organisation. Working in differently composed teams makes us more efficient, more innovative and the work more fun. Everyone is therefore encouraged to apply.