Just before the numbers: what is it about ASML, Besi, ASMI and NXP?

Author: Arend Jan Kamp

Arend Jan Kamp is your host at IEX 24/7 from the early hours before the show to the late After Hours, where he goes through the exhibition day with you in his own style (concise, yet exuberant). From shares and indices, via commodities, along the interest rate markets, to high financing for politics and central banks. Arend Jan is…

More about Arend Jan Kamp

Latest articles by Arend Jan Kamp

1. 18 Oct Just before the numbers: what is it about ASML, Besi, ASMI and NXP?
  2. 18 Oct It’s not too bad before the fair and there’s a lot of surprising news
  3. 17 Oct Bear bites from Just Eat Takeaway for two years
  1. wgumcd
    18 October 2022 at 11.15

Summary: no idea which way this is going.
  2. forum rank 6
    pure66
    October 18, 2022 11:23 am
    Last night I read a story about ASML on the FD site. In 2019, 1.4 billion came in revenue from China and 2.7 billion in 2021. The mentioned 15 per cent. According to FD, it would be quite a blow if ASML is no longer allowed to deliver to China. In this regard, FD follows what everyone who is interested in ASML already knows.

ASML states in the article that they expect the DUV systems etc. can still be delivered to China. The same story says that the US will increase pressure on the Netherlands to prevent chips or equipment from Europe, and therefore also the Netherlands, from going to China. This is of course not a new story. Everyone knows how the EU handles requests from the US. The moral of the story is that it will most likely just be the end of exercise China for ASML, if not in 2023, then at least in 2024. The escalation between the US and China is simply increasing.

However, if ASML does not get the above message across clearly this time and continues to express hope, there is a good chance that the stock will go up with the numbers. If they tell the story the way I think it will actually go and is also expressed in FD, ASML will not go up with the numbers, but down.

3. forum rank 6
    pure66
    October 18, 2022 11:26 am

quote:

wgumcd wrote down 18 October 2022 at 11.15:

Summary: no idea which way this is going.

The stock market is rising from now on, partly because of the midterms. After that, the stock market will go down again because nothing has actually changed in terms of interest rates, inflation, outlook, whatever. I expect a new low in December/January. By the end of the third quarter, a stable stock market is slowly returning.

4. progress
    October 18, 2022 11:28 am

Good story.
    My gut feeling (and nothing more than that) is that we saw the bottom at Besi last week.
    Standing -10% in 1 day with no news and closing on a profit is the breaking moment I was waiting for.
    Buying stocks can still be too risky. But I dare a call spread December 2023.
    With the fact that options become more expensive as interest rates continue to rise.
  5. slowpoke
    October 18, 2022 11:57 am

wait a little longer, in December we will do a bottom test and another in March or June.
  6. Watchful¤Eye
    October 18, 2022 12:18 p.m

Good story. Staying realistic. For now, inflation needs to go down.. so interest rates will stay high for now. Added to this are the economic/geopolitical risks. USA – China – Russia / Ukraine. There must be a real demand. If it gets printed (less appetite in computers, expensive phones, expensive cars, etc. because the final prices skyrocket.. ) then the supply business (including the chippers) also goes down. The world is a village. Dutch companies also have to deal with this, because we are also very internationally oriented. The cycle. Inflation and interest rates. It’s the well-known “perfect storm”.. Beware..
  7. Lebigfellow
    October 18, 2022 1:57 p.m

Dear editors of IEX.NL. I was once a paying member of your website. But I didn’t last long. The reason? Now take a look at this column by Arend Jan Kamp. It seems that this gentleman always buys ASML shares in bundles and that is his right, but must he always use this platform to talk up the price of his own funds? Independent advice please. Disclaimer: I do not and have never owned any ASML stock and will never buy it. Arend Jan Kamp is also not the smartest, to say the least. He regularly announces that he does not have a mortgage on his home, because he otherwise invests with borrowed money. Apparently he doesn’t realize that his house is collateral for a mortgage and that it is separate from stocks. While I’m at it, I recently heard him say that he doesn’t like companies that aim to increase their dividends every year, but he invests in the dividend aristocrats. And please make sure he can muster the decency to let Niels and Koen talk before he has to be the center of the universe again.
  8. forum rank 4
    Jopie runs
    October 18, 2022 6:44 p.m
    It’s just going well, and we can celebrate that. I completely agree with Arend Jan Kamp (good class and applause from here).

The economy is running like a charm and the money is splashing to the bottom plates, ASML is also going to double from now on (mark my words I am never wrong!!!!)

Got my booster today, I feel very healthy and super safe and I’m proud that this is possible and that we can do this together. We have to get through corona together, be aware of each other!!!!!!

It’s just going well and we can celebrate that!!!

9. Martin
    18 October 2022 20:52

Am I the only one stuck on ASML?