Communication consultant projects and programs
The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA)
People must be able to trust that food and consumer goods are safe and that companies comply with animal welfare regulations. Who oversees this? The Dutch Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA).
Good communication is essential to achieving these social goals. As a communications advisor, you have a key role in this from Utrecht. With your organization-wide function, you monitor NVWA’s reputation, you develop understanding among a wide range of target groups and you ensure that colleagues and external parties know how we arrive at elections.
What do you want to do?
As a communications advisor for projects & programmes, you contribute to NVWA’s identity and reputation together with colleagues from the communications department. You do this based on NVWA’s mission and vision and the multi-year communication strategy 2020-2023. You contribute to the visibility and findability of projects and programs in NVWA. You do this together with the (senior) communications advisers. You are a real craftsman and enjoy working at the crossroads between advice and implementation.
As a specialist, your professional knowledge is up-to-date, and you know how to use it when you organize support for your approach plan and further implementation of communication. You are an all-rounder who is full of energy and loves to tackle things, whether it is organizing an internal webinar or overseeing a communication process for a program.
As a communication advisor on projects & programmes, you manage the implementation and you have a lot of contact with ‘makers’ inside and outside NVWA such as content specialists, photographers and contracted specialist agencies that produce communication tools. You convince by putting your words into practice and quickly delivering concrete products. Do you encounter resistance or unexpected circumstances? You are always looking for innovative solutions, you are creative and change quickly. When the work becomes politically or administratively sensitive, you scale up to senior communications advisors.
In short: in this position you fully contribute to NVWA’s social goals, you work on both internal and external projects, and you get the freedom and responsibility to give substance to these yourself.
To position NVWA as a reliable, transparent, independent and professional supervisor: keep this goal in mind in everything you do. You only see that you don’t end up in a bed spread out and that you may sometimes have to deal with resistance as a pleasant challenge. You are good to deal with, you stand firmly in your shoes and quickly know who you are dealing with. You can also convince your colleagues of the benefits of clear communication with your good ideas, enthusiasm and humor. You are also a team player. Realizing beautiful things together gives you energy.
We would also like to see the following:
- HBO level and a diploma in communication.
- At least three years’ experience as a communications consultant in one or more large, complex organisations.
- Affinity with the themes to which NVWA is committed.
- Customer focus
- To cooperate
- Planning and organization
Salary level: scale 10
Monthly salary: Min. €2,957 – Max. €4,707 (gross)
Employment: Employment contract for an indefinite period
Minimum number of hours per week: 28
Maximum number of hours per week: 36
Other terms of employment
Where do you want to work?
NVWA is a committed, social employer that is active in a large and social playing field. Our work as a supervisor is central. The media, politics, business and Dutch citizens follow our work critically. At NVWA you work with social interest, your work has an impact on the safety of food, products, the health of plants and animals and animal welfare in the Netherlands.
What do we offer you?
- An introductory program that suits your position with guidance from experienced colleagues.
- Extensive training and/or coaching opportunities for your further professional development.
- Where the position allows, we offer you space to work independently of time and place.
- A pleasant working environment with the Utrecht headquarters within walking distance of the main train station.
- Regular fun activities with your colleagues.
- In addition to the salary, you get an Individual Selection Budget (IKB). IKB consists of money (16.37% of your gross annual salary) and time. With the IKB, you make the choices that suit you, and you can put together some of your terms of employment yourself. You can, for example, choose to have part of your monthly income paid out when you want it. You can also convert this budget into leave and vice versa or spend it on tax-friendly goals. The national government attaches great importance to personal growth and career development and offers numerous opportunities for this. Perks include various study facilities, company fitness, full reimbursement of your public transport costs for commuting and partially paid parental leave.
- The applications will be processed in accordance with applicable collective agreements, including the collective agreement for the national government and the NVP application code.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required to work at NVWA.
- If it is an open-ended employment contract and you do not (yet) have a permanent employment contract as a civil servant, you (in principle) start, to assess your suitability, with a fixed-term employment contract with a view to an indefinite period.
- Clearly state in your curriculum vitae that you meet the required educational requirements.
- The selection committee can obtain references, but will always coordinate this with you in advance.
- An online screening via search engines or social media, for example, can be part of the selection process.
- A competency test and/or an assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
- A General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) comprehensive A or B screening may be a requirement for a number of positions at NVWA (including IOD).
After the expiry date, the job description and information about the vacancy will no longer be visible online. To avoid having to request this, please download and save the job posting.
Purchases in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.
The Dutch Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA) invites you to apply on their website. Via the button below you leave this page, you go directly to application form. The state values a diverse and inclusive organisation. Working in differently composed teams makes us more efficient, more innovative and the work more fun. Everyone is therefore encouraged to apply.