It’s a Saturday morning, you woke up peacefully and you have no worries about the twelve hour journey to your winter sports destination in Italy. You fly with the small but comfortable plane from SkyAlps towards the Dolomites. You know you’ll be in Italy in just two hours and you’ll be pampered during this two-hour flight. It makes the outlook for your upcoming winter sports even better! Because we would like to take you into why it is so nice to fly with SkyAlps, in this article we have written three reasons to fly with SkyAlps to South Tyrol this winter.
SkyAlps, the ambassador of the Alps
Not yet familiar with SkyAlps? SkyAlps is an Italian airline which will fly from Antwerp to Bolzano three times a week from 21 December.
Every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday their Dash DHC-8-Q400 flies back and forth at fixed times:
- Antwerp – Bolzano:
Departure from Antwerp: 17:05
Arrival in Bolzano: 18:55
- Bolzano – Antwerp:
Departure from Bolzano: 14:15
Arrival in Antwerp: 16:15
Want to know why we are fans of SkyAlps? So please read this article.
1. A comfortable and intimate flight
SkyAlps uses small planes that can only carry 78 people. It is a turboprop-powered aircraft that can make short trips almost as fast as a regional turbojet, but with much lower CO2 emissions. In addition to sustainability, SkyAlps also ensures that you have a comfortable flight. They also love to travel and want you to experience the holiday feeling with the first step you take on the plane. With comfortable seats, more legroom than you’re used to and friendly service, you won’t even notice you’re on a plane.
2. Culinary pleasure in the air
In addition to comfort, you will also be spoiled with delicious food. SkyAlps only serves selected, local products and wines. Very nice to try a local wine from the wine list, which changes every month. And don’t worry, you don’t have to spend extra money on the food. This is simply included in the price of your flight.
3. Antwerp Airport is easily accessible – and for many even closer than Schiphol
We have all experienced stress and rush at Schiphol, whether through news reports or standing in line ourselves. Of course, you want to avoid that, which is why it’s nice to fly with SkyAlps. You fly from Antwerp. Did you know that Antwerp airport is even closer than Schiphol for people in the south of the Netherlands? In addition, there are also shorter queues at check-in and in customs. Parking is also cheap at Antwerp Airport, you only pay 15 euros per car. Cheap parking, closer and less crowded… Very nice!
4. choice of 20 ski areas around Bolzano
Flying to Bolzano means a significant saving on your travel time. The ski areas in South Tyrol are fantastic! Super sunny, snow sure and of course full of ‘La Dolce Vita‘. In the Bolzano area you can choose from more than 20 different ski areas. There is a beautiful destination for every winter sports enthusiast. How about a winter sport in one of these fantastic ski areas:
- Plan Corones / Kronplatz: Partly because of the exuberant après ski Kronplatz the ski area number one from South Tyrol. This ski area offers a selection of pistes for young and old and is also child-friendly.
- Alpe di Siusi / Seiser Alm: With the largest mountain pasture in Europe and a beautiful view Seiser Alm not only a lovely area for the skiers and snowboarders among us, hikers and cross-country skiers can also enjoy a really nice holiday here – there are no fewer than 80 kilometers of cross-country trails available.
- Val Gardena / Grödnertal: This ski area is very popular with experienced winter sports enthusiasts. More than half of the races are red races. Take a wonderful ski trip or take the lift Seiser Alm to enjoy even more slopes.
- Alta Badia / Gader Valley: For beginners in skiing Alta Badia very very nice. With a large number of blue pistes, you can easily practice your skiing skills here and meanwhile relax at the cozy mountain huts with delicious food!
- Alta Pusteria / Hochpustertal: The winter sports enthusiast who also likes to do activities outside the slopes is included Alta Pusteria completely true! In addition to enough kilometers of pistes, you can also go ice climbing, snow hiking and much more.
Do you also want to go on a pleasant winter sports trip to South Tyrol?
Have you also become excited about winter sports in Italy after reading this? And do you also enjoy being pampered in the air? You can fly to the Dolomites from as little as 164 euros. More information and tickets can be found on the SkyAlps website.