In the first days of the new year, we are still in good spirits (read; resolutions), and we must take advantage of that with the help of our oldest friend cannabis. On Monday, you read on CNNBS how you can finally get rid of cigarettes thanks to weed and today we take a closer look at another classic among New Year’s resolutions: losing weight!
More and more people are discovering low-carb eating as a way to lose weight permanently and live a healthy life. CBD can make a powerful contribution to this diet, both mentally and physically.
With a carbohydrate diet, you remove many carbohydrates from your diet and replace them with healthy fats and proteins. This forces the body to switch energy suppliers. Instead of carbohydrates, it will now burn much more stored body fat, which will make you lose weight. And that’s not all. Many people feel more energetic, sleep better and see all kinds of health ailments disappear like snow in the sun. That is how it works.
Too many carbohydrates
Everyone gets three forms of energy from their food: carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Carbohydrates provide energy very quickly, while healthy fats and proteins release their energy slowly. Fats and proteins are also used by the body as building materials.
In the Western world, we have slowly but surely started eating more carbohydrates in recent decades. Carbohydrate-rich food is cheap to produce. And in this increasingly busy society, people like to get energized quickly.
Examples of carbohydrate-rich foods are cereal products such as bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and noodles. All ready-to-eat foods and packages and bags also contain many carbohydrates, such as potato starch and the mother of all carbohydrates: sugar.
As a result, people consume far more carbohydrates than they need on a daily basis. The body does not need that many carbohydrates. It therefore converts them into body fat and stores it for short periods of time. Only the scarce times never come.
Low carb eating and ketogenic
By removing all unnecessary carbohydrates from your diet, you break this pattern. You eat as little or no carbohydrate-rich food and avoid ready-made food. In return, you eat many natural products such as vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds and grains, meat, fish and eggs.
This balances out fluctuating blood sugar levels so you experience more energy. In addition, the body does not receive an overdose of carbohydrates; you don’t gain weight anymore. It actually switches to fat burning; the accumulated fat reserves are used so that you lose weight.
A ketogenic diet goes one step further. By not eating more than 50 grams of carbohydrates per day, you put your body into a state of ketosis. This is when your digestive system switches completely to fat as its primary fuel source. This allows you to lose kilos per week in the first period. The amazing thing is that you don’t eat less. You just eat differently and don’t have to go hungry like with many other diets.
Health benefits of low carb
Aside from weight loss, low-carb and ketogenic diets can reduce acne, fight inflammation, reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, improve cognitive function, improve your sleep, optimize energy levels, and more.
This eating pattern has also helped diabetics improve their condition. In diabetes, the release of the hormone insulin hardly works or longer. Thanks to this eating pattern, some people no longer have diabetes because they eliminate all forms of carbohydrates and sugar from their food. This has started the natural production of insulin again.
Similar results also apply to the benefits of CBD.
Using CBD with a low-carbohydrate diet
Both CBD and low-carb eating and the ketogenic diet are scientifically proven to treat the same conditions: epilepsy (exactly why the ketogenic diet was invented in the first place), schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, attention disorders such as ADHD and Lake . So can you imagine what happens when you combine both?
- If you are overweight or struggle with an active lifestyle due to aches and pains, CBD’s powerful anti-inflammatory properties can help. As soon as you lose weight, you become more mobile. This may be accompanied by muscle and weight pain. CBD can treat it.
- CBD promotes homeostasis. This is a mechanism that keeps the body in a healthy balance. Switching to a new eating pattern takes some getting used to; the body is momentarily out of balance. CBD will help you restore that balance in no time.
- CBD relieves stress. This allows you to sleep better and more deeply, improving your overall sense of well-being.
- CBD balances your hormonal household. This is a process that also occurs when you eat low carb. Cannabinoids in cannabis (including CBD) stimulate this process.
- Do you suffer from epileptic seizures? Then CBD and low carb eating are the best natural tools that support each other in managing and reducing seizures.
- CBD and the low-carb diet support both emotional and mental well-being. Synergy occurs in the fight against depression and anxiety. They also help manage the symptoms of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and ADHD.
- CBD and hemp products can add valuable nutrients to the diet, including essential fatty acids, omega-3, protein and more.
- CBD helps you with the symptoms of keto flu. This is a term used to describe complaints that can occur when the body switches to a different eating pattern. Some people then suffer from fatigue, nausea and headaches for a few days. CBD helps with these symptoms.
READ ALSO: Are you getting more CBD into your body? Eat more healthy fats
Most importantly, people know that low-carb eating is not a short-term solution to weight loss. It’s an eating pattern for the rest of your life. Once you experience the benefits of sugar-free and low-carb, you’ll want to stick with this lifestyle. CBD is an ideal tool and supplement for this.