Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, Utrecht, published on 18 January 2023
The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA)
We are looking for two experienced, professional and proactive Communication Business Partners (CBP) for our Inspection and Enforcement Departments. As CBP, you have a strategic advisory, active, connecting and steering role.
What do you want to do?
As CBP, you are the director/board’s direct, strategic contact and sparring partner for communication-related issues (internal and external). You are involved in all important management decisions and provide both solicited and unsolicited advice. In your role as CBP, you sit at the board table, and from this role you think about the direction of the organization and translate this into strategic communication. You are the spider in the web for the relevant management (Enforcement or Supervision) and switch where necessary with colleagues from the other teams for the benefit of the management. You work closely with your colleagues in the communications department.
By being in good contact with the managing director, managers, the executive secretaries and the HR Business Partner, you know what is going on within the various departments. You initiate the working meeting for your portfolio and, in cooperation with employees in the Communications Department, ensure the implementation of the communication.
As a Business Partner, you are personally responsible for the various issues and you advise, inform, coach and support your supervisors (team leaders, managers, director of the relevant board) and employees in communication. It concerns both management/line/change communication and external communication aimed at positioning and NVWA’s reputation. These are complex issues where you can provide significant added value from Communication.
You advise and support managers, invited or uninvited, in applying the organisation’s communication policy and tools in the area of communication. You also determine the relevant management’s communication priorities together with the director/MT. You then take this up with your colleagues in the Communications Department and are the link to the management in the relevant board.
You act as a point of contact for problems in management vis-a-vis the communications manager. You inform and advise on current issues and together ensure coherence, while at the same time keeping an eye on the interests of the management/NVWA.
What do the boards do?
• The supervisory directorate is responsible for overseeing the supervision of live and non-live animals, certification of imports and exports, handling of incidents, development of new methods for supervision, etc. .
• The Enforcement Directorate is responsible for inspection, guidance & expertise, the Intelligence and Investigation Service (IOD), laboratories, the national reference center for plant health and contact with customers, companies & consumers.
You have good communication and counseling skills. You have a proactive customer and results-oriented attitude. You know how to hold your own in a complex and administrative environment where you can easily switch between disciplines, customers and stakeholders. You are someone who easily takes control, is flexible and keeps an overview. In other words: you are a solid sparring partner and stress-resistant. It is also important for this role that you come into your own in a dynamic working environment and that you gain energy from challenging and complex issues.
In addition, we would like to see the following:
• A completed education at HBO/WO level in the direction of Communication/Business Administration.
• You have at least 10 years of relevant experience within the entire breadth of the communication profession (internal and external), preferably at one or more large, complex organisations.
• You have got your bearings as a strategic communications advisor.
• You can switch between strategic, tactical and operational level.
• You are a critical interlocutor and you dare to challenge yourself.
• You can quickly gather and analyze knowledge in the company.
• Organizational sensitivity
• Environmental awareness
Terms of employment
Salary level: scale 13
Monthly salary: Min. €4,551 – Max. €6,786 (gross)
Employment: Employment contract for an indefinite period
Minimum number of hours per week: 32
Maximum number of hours per week: 36
Other employment conditions
In addition to the salary, you get an Individual Selection Budget (IKB). SCV consists of money (16.37% of your gross annual salary) and time. With the IKB, you make the choices that suit you, and you can put together some of your terms of employment yourself. You can, for example, choose to have part of your monthly income paid out when you want it. You can also convert this budget into leave and vice versa or spend it on tax-friendly goals. The national government attaches great importance to personal growth and career development and offers numerous opportunities for this. Perks include various study facilities, company fitness, full reimbursement of your public transport costs, commuting and partially paid parental leave.
• Applications will be processed in accordance with applicable agreements, including CAO Rijk and NVP application code.
• A declaration of conduct (VOG) is required to work at NVWA.
• If it is an employment contract for an indefinite period and you do not (yet) have a permanent employment contract as a civil servant, then to assess your suitability you will (in principle) start with an employment contract for a specific period of time with a view to an indefinite period .
• Clearly state in your curriculum vitae that you meet the required educational requirements.
• The selection committee can obtain references, but will always coordinate this with you in advance.
• An online screening, for example via search engines or social media, can be part of the selection process.
• A competency test and/or an assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
• A comprehensive A or B screening by the General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) may be a requirement for a number of positions at NVWA (including IOD).
After the expiry date, the job description and information about the vacancy will no longer be visible online. To avoid having to request it, please download and save the job posting.
Purchases in response to this vacancy are not appreciated.
The Dutch Food and Consumer Safety Authority (NVWA) invites you to apply on their website. You leave this page via the button below and you go directly to the application form. The government values a diverse and inclusive organisation. Working in different teams makes us more efficient, more innovative and the work more fun. Everyone is therefore encouraged to apply.